Monday, January 21, 2013

finger painting

 This last week we did a fun twist on finger painting...



 You put vinyl lettering on a canvass (we used white letters trying not to draw attention to them while the kids were painting), and have the kids go to town painting the entire thing, including on top of the letters. (I had specific colors for each kiddo so it would match their room) Then when they are done you pick the vinyl letters off and woo-la....a masterpiece!!

 I love love love how they turned out!! The kids were so surprised to see the words appear. I had a nice conversation with each of them of why I chose each word specifically for them. I think they each felt flattered in their own way. All I want is for them to know how amazing, and individual they are and how much I love them.

2 comments:

  1. That is AMAZING. I am totally going to have to do this. Where do you get all your vinyl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really fun :) Our friend has like a big industrial vinyl cutter :)

    ReplyDelete