Monday, October 22, 2012

Red Ribbon Week: Superheros

Today was the first day of Red Ribbon week. Our theme this year is: "Be a superhero, have the power to say no to drugs!" Their wristbands have the theme on them, they were them everyday for a week and random numbers are chosen from the wristbands for a special treat every day :) Each classroom has a posterboard with the theme on it for each student to sign pledging to be drug free. Today was dress up like your favorite superhero, and they will all be writing essays in their classrooms "who is my hero, and why" prizes will also be given for the essays. The week has started out great I am so excited to be apart of this. Red ribbon weeks meaning means so much to me. I have been so impressed with how many volunteers I have had...I almost don't have enough for them to do. I am glad so many parents care and take drug free week seriously. These kids have such great families. It's exciting to see the future leaders of the  world growing up with such great guidance and examples.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, now I know what this Red Ribbon week is all about. Hehe. You guys really do love hiking. I hope my kids get that too from Craig like you did from your Dad. I am not as good as him about, I get hot and sweety (sp).

    ReplyDelete