Sunday, October 20, 2013

My Dad

Everything about fall time makes me think of my Dad. Being with my sisters last week made me really miss him. I hope it makes him smile when he see's us together and loves how much we love being together. My Dad does not have a gravesite so for his birthday this year we took the kids to my grandparents site. My Dad used to take us there regularly and I have so many good memories of being together as a family there.


 We ate at Olive Garden because Italian was my Dad fav, we always joke that we were raised half Italian. My Dad served his mission in Italy and was always incorpirating Italian traditions into our home.
I am so thankful for my family. They help ground me and make me feel safe and secure when I feel like my head and emotions are spinning out of control. I miss my Dad so much it physically hurts sometimes. I don't think that is ever going to go away. But my family helps ease that pain a little and gives me the hope that we will all be together again someday-forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment