Wednesday, September 4, 2013

I'm a big kid now

I still cannot fully process what has happened today. My little twinners started Kindergarten! I have had small moments since the day they were born, wondering if we would all make it sanely and intact to this milestone....and now that it is here it is surreal. Can they really be old enough to be on their own? in separate classes?! We have another little set of twinner friends in our neighborhood, boy/girl, same age, yay! So they have both been split to experience a little independence. I was completely fine with that decision, until today. Coco, I mean Colbie-blair, walked into her class and the door shut behind her with a thud. I pictured her terrified and shutting down...I knew Kaleb would be fine cuz he is my tough guy, Colbie's protector, but Coco, oh Coco. So sensitive, so meek....boy was I wrong. The bell rang and she literally pranced out of class with a crown on her head eating a rice krispie treat, without a care in the world :) Kaleb was saying "see ya" to all his buddies, fist pumping them as if they had known each other forever. I felt a little twinge in my heart when I saw how strong they were!! It is so cool to watch them evolve into their own person, with their own opinions and personalities.  My little babies are big kids now, and I am so so proud to be there mama.


No comments:

Post a Comment