Monday, April 8, 2013

Conference

Rob and I were able to attend a session of General Conference this weekend. It was so cool. I have not been to an event in the conference center before. It was beautiful, and the spirit there was so strong. As the prophet walked in, the room came to a beautiful silence. I loved the feeling I had there and listening to the speakers being able to really focus on what there were saying and thinking how I could apply there counsel to my life. Afterwards as we walked thru City Creek to the car, I loved being surrounded by men in white collared shirts and ties, and women in dresses and skirts. I felt a sense of unity as together as "Mormons" we went along in our daily lives but being dressed the way we were in such a huge group I felt as if we may as well be wearing signs with our testimonies written across them. I love being reminded of my purpose here on earth and that I am never alone. "I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me. Confused at the grace that so fully he offers me.......that for me, a sinner, he suffered he bled and died.... Oh it is wonderful, wonderful to me!"


No comments:

Post a Comment