Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Yellowstone Trip 2013

DAY 1

 Oh boy...I've got a lot of pics here so prepare yourself...but I want to be able to remember EVERYTHING about this vacation. It was so cool!
 We caravaned with Porters because we had no idea what we were doing and really wanted to get the most out of it, and who better to be your tour guide than a history teacher?? We stopped in Idaho and saw the Idaho Falls temple, the falls of course :), and Rexburg temple.

 Many more family pics without Bubba in them :( We left him with Grandma this time around..Sorry bud, we'll take a when you are older...promise!
 Rosbachs also joined our parade in Rexburg:)

 Hidden Falls??? Quiet Falls?? I cannot remember for the life of me the name or location of this! All I know is it is AMAZING!!






LOL!!





DAY 2

 Look man, we saw a lot of geysers. I don't know what they all were called but they were INCREDIBLY beautiful!(oh and Andersons met up with us at that campsite the night before and that made our vacay group complete)

















 Everyone kept saying how this looked like snow or ice and then Coco chimed in "or sour cream." Very matter of factly, and you know what...it kinda does.








Ok I don't know why I only have a pic of a Buffalo, because we saw bears, freaking Bears man, and I, I have pics of this guy.


I know that the kids absolutely loved when we would come back to the campsite at the end of the day and they could eat and play and be with their cousins...They had an absolute blast! and they loved sleeping in the tent. I literally would have to wake them up in the morning...that never happens!!


DAY 3
 I think this may have been my favorite thing...we hiked to Shoshone Lake (6mi) and man oh man was it beautiful!! I know everyone thought I was joking but it seriously seemed like a whole other world!!




 The pay off for the kids was definitely the lake. They like little crazy people who have never seen water before or something!












 Passing around ladybugs and butterflies..I'm telling ya..whole other world...
 
 Cutest twin pic EVER!


Rob just clicking away taking pics


 Next up was Old Faithful. I wish I would have recorded Logan and Lucas's conversation, it was pretty dang funny.

 The best thing about this picture, is this guy is NOT EVEN TRYING to photo bomb...HILARIOUS!!



 The top two pics is an Elk we saw while driving back to camp with the Porter fam..it seriously was just like taking a stroll down the road not caring at all that people were around....the bottom two pics are an elk Sharon and I saw while out running, again not caring that people are around...what's going on here?!?!


Day 4
 Time to pack up and head out...but on the way we will be making a stop at the Tetons!!




 Jenny Lake was so pretty and peaceful :)









such a great, great, great trip!! I am so glad we went. It was such a fun new adventure...did I mention that I have never, ever been to ANY of these places!! Thanks Weaver fam, it was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment